I doubt I’ll finish another book between now and 1st January, so here are the books I read in 2020, not counting picture books.
Of the sixty-six covers pictured here …
- Two are long short stories.
- Six are graphic novels.
- Seven are short story collections (including one collection of linked stories by Lore Segal).
- Ten are rereads (Barbara Pym, Ann Leckie, Garret Freeman-Weyr, Kris Lee, Diana Wynne Jones, Qiu Xiaolong).
- Ten are non-fiction, including essays, memoir, and reference guides.
- And forty-one are novels/novellas.
- (Three books among the 66 were published in 2020. I seldom read new books these days.)
I’m rather surprised that, apart from ‘Witch Week’, I didn’t read any middle-school fiction this year.
Frankly, I would love to devote an entire year to re-reading. However, that would mean my TBR pile would grow even taller than it already is.
To date, I have about seventy books on my 2021 reading list and that doesn’t count books I intend to reread for a book club I belong to.
What was your reading year like? And what do you plan to read in 2021?