Like the blogger behind the blog Words from Sonobe, I am hoping to blog more regularly this year. I am also making the effort to visit the blogs I follow more than just once in a blue moon. Honestly, it’s to do with absent mindedness and just bad planning that I don’t visit more.
Anyway, instead of another random post (which happened a lot during the AtoZChallenge), I’ve nicked this quiz from Words from Sonobe! It looks fun.
Think about your SENIOR year in High School. The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!
(I’ll take this to mean the year I did A-levels. I went to Convent primary and secondary schools in Malaysia and then to junior college in Singapore. This is called pre-u, which is kind of a ‘positive’ or presumptuous way of naming the level of study, depending on how you look at it. Anyway, here goes …
- Did you know your current significant other? I do not have a significant other.
- Make and year of car? No car although, by then, I’d my license for about three years.
- What kind of job? Also none, although during the school hols, I’d go home to Batu Pahat, Johor and work at the mall. I did this from when I was sixteen and it was mainly in the supermarket or the Ladies clothes and shoes departments.
- Where did you live? In Jurong West in Singapore and in Batu Pahat, Johor, where my parents were.
- Were you popular? With some people, haha.
- Were you in choir? Yes and so, I’ve performed at some ‘interesting’ events and venues, like the Istana (in Singapore); the National Day parade; and Victoria Theatre.
- Ever get suspended from school? No.
- If you could, would you go back? Only if I go back knowing what I know now.
- Still talk to the person that you went to prom with? I went with one of my best friends who was at another junior college. She is from Batu Pahat and I’ve known her for forty-one years and yes, we are still close.
- Did you skip school? Always, always, always. Classes too.
- Go to all the football games? Not football, but I did attend a fair number of basketball games and canoeing competitions. Don’t ask.
- Favourite subject? English Lit.
- Do you still have your yearbooks? No, and I skipped school the day the pictures were taken. On purpose.
- Did you follow the career path you planned? Hmm … I can’t remember what career path I planned then, but as I went to law school then switched to nursing and have been a dialysis nurse, in public relations at a resort in Langkawi, in the press, done non-profit stuff and am now an editor, I guess I’ve not followed a conventional path anyway.
- Did you have a class ring? Not something we have in Malaysia or Singapore.
- Still close with your best friend? Yes! We just spent my birthday in Melaka together. She is Singaporean and we met at junior college.
- Who was your favourite teacher? Mr Donald Whitby who taught Literary Criticism.
- What was your style? We were known as the dull and grey JC because our uniforms were … dull and grey. I liked wearing a uniform because this was back when there were no clothes that fit fat teenagers. My personal style: Anything I could find that fit!
- Favourite shoes? I saved up and bought a pair of Nikes. The cheapest I could find. I was a foolish child.
- Favourite music? David Bowie. Of course.
- Junior College hair? Ugh, pony tail tied with satin ribbons. But I cut it short halfway through the year.
- What kind of cologne/ perfume? I saved up and got a bottle of Armani, which I think has been discontinued. What a delicious fragrance.
- How old when graduated? 19.
- Did you play a sport? No way.