- Do not have sex with your friends. No matter how lonely you feel.
- Do not think someone is your friend just because they say they are.
- Do not allow yourself to feel comforted if a man texts you often and is keen on meeting you. (Chances are you haven’t slept with him and are still a novelty.)
- Do not be surprised if a man stops texting and wanting to meet after he’s slept with you.
- Do not be impressed if a man continues to text you after he’s slept with you. Especially if he texts less than he used to before the sex.
- Do not expect any man with whom you’re having casual sex to take you seriously when you say you are busy because of family and work commitments.
- Do not choose to give someone you’ve known for ‘five minutes’ the benefit of doubt. There is a 99.99% chance that you will be disappointed.
- Do not assume that you will know these things just because you’re over forty and a mother.