I have been distracted by various things and not been updating this blog.
It is mostly good though. I am actually writing stories and finishing them. Is it too optimistic to aim to complete my collection at the end of July? Perhaps, but that’s my goal anyway. Even if I don’t meet it, it motivates me to keep on at it.
I will try to pop back here every now and then, if only to post music I’m listening to.
In the meantime, here’s a short list of stuff that has happened:
- Found out about Leonora Carrington and am now reading her short stories. Weird and wonderful!
- Bought The Wolf at the Door by J. Damask who is my friend Joyce Chng. I am enjoying it so much.
- I am reviewing Lang Leav’s Sad Girls. I hope it doesn’t have the same effect on me as her poems do.
- Will be reviewing Felicia Yap’s book. She is that Malaysian author who was signed by Random House (I think) and paid a mind-bogglingly huge advance.
- I joined Tinder, specifying that I wasn’t interested in hooking up or looking for a romantic relationship. Met a couple of interesting people (of both sexes), but also two complete fuckwits. I have deleted my account.
- Met a farrier from Sweden whom I call the Neighsayer. He is black and has a weird accent that’s a mix of English, Australian and others that I can’t identify – from learning English while travelling. A nice, unsleazy guy whom I can hang out with and not have to beat off with my umbrella.
- Don and I are still together and he is still the love of my life.
That’s all I can think of. Until next time …