‘Ten books I’d like for Xmas’ is the topic for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday meme (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish). Once upon a time, I would buy myself whatever I wished to read (and not just for X’mas), but I haven’t done this for a while now. Times are hard for everyone, but hopefully, the books we want to read will be there waiting until we are financially solvent again, or find a good library, whichever comes first.
Books on my Xmas wishlist:
1. The Hare with Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance by Edmund de Waal
I used to own this book. Where is it? I think I lent it to someone and never got it back. I would like to own a netsuke. Just one will do. A cat one, perhaps.
2. The White Road: A Pilgrimage of Sorts by Edmund de Waal
And while we’re at it, this one, a homage to porcelain, too.
3-6. Tale of Shikanoko (four books) by Lian Herne
Loved her Tales of the Otori. These sound good and the covers are beautiful.
7. A Taste of Chlorine by Bastien Vives
I liked Polina and have had my eye on this one for a while.
8. Love Addict by Koren Shadmi
9. Lena Finkle’s Magic Barrel by Anya Ulinich
Love Addict cos it looks fun. Lena Finkle because anyone’s war stories about online dating must be worth the time and energy.
10. Are You My Mother?: A Comic Drama by Alison Bechdel
I got myself Fun Home: A Family Tragi-Comic today. Are You My Mother? is a sequel of sorts.